Friday, March 9, 2012

Willing the scale to move downwards!

It's that time of the month where I see the only losses of the month. I'm practically holding my breath to see where it takes me this month. When I stepped on the scale last night before going to bed, I got excited - I weighed the same at night as I did in the morning, I knew that would mean a significant drop today. And sure enough, down 1.2 today.

I'm still .8 above where I was on December 15th. It's been almost 3 months since I saw that weight and that is a loooooooong time to be working my way back down when I didn't even go super crazy over the holidays! But, eating more and moving less helped me add pounds - more than I thought was possible. I guess it was a big learning lesson. I either can feast and enjoy or work it off for 3 months for 3 weeks of indulgences, or I can reel it in a bit and not have so much damage control to do the following months. We'll see how I feel about it come next December. For now, I'm just trying to get out of the 170s.

Numbers on the scale, despite me saying they shouldn't dictate how you feel, do matter. At least they matter for me at this point. I know that there is more weight to lose on the scale before I can work on just toning and building strength. Body recomposition will continue as I keep active and keep lifting weights, but first I still need to lose some fat/weight.

So, with inching closer and closer to the 160s, I'm feeling the need to push myself harder. Adding more steps, doing more exercise. Fitting more activity in my day to help speed up the process. Eating less isn't really an option, but moving more is!

When I get to the 160s I will feel this huge, huge weight lift off me. One, for getting the farthest on this journey that I have been. Two, weighing somewhere I haven't been since I was like 16, and three for getting that close to goal. When it's in the same decade of pounds, it feels so close. In my head now I can see the break. 160 seems far from 172 (well, not so far, but I'm not even in the same 10 pound range), but to say 169 to 160 seems unbelievably close and doable.

I want this sooooooo bad and I want to get there by summer. I think I can do it - especially if I can keep up this level of determination. And right now I'm really determined!

Stats for 3/9/12:

Highest weight: 275  Now: 172.0
Total hours worked out in 2012: 48/250

No comments:

Post a Comment