Saturday, March 24, 2012

Not sure my timeline is realistic

I had really, really hoped I could get to goal by the time summer arrived. At the very latest, when we took vacation mid-July. It seemed so doable when I hit 171 on December 15th. That was only 11 pounds to goal from that time.

Then I gained so much fricking weight over the holidays and then had to cut back on the calories as well ramp up the exercise again. I've been back in the swing of things again this past month, but it tooke me to mid-March to get back down to 171 and then a bit below it.

I hadn't really counted it all out, but there is only 14 more weeks until the start of summer and about 18 more weeks until we leave for vacation.  That will mean losing a pound a week to get there by summer. In the beginning of this journey that was totally doable, but it takes a lot more effort and restricting to get to a pound loss now than then. I have been pushing myself a lot, but I'm not sure I will have enough to get to that goal.

Of course that goal is a self-imposed goal and totally not something I have to get to, but man. It would be so nice to be at a maintenance level instead of a "need to lose more" level in my head. Right now every movement I do, every morsel I eat adds up or takes away from what more I need to do. Plus, I would really, really like to look good for vacation and would really like to finally get to my final size so I can build my wardrobe again of things I really like versus things I can find for a good price because I have to replace everything I own...

Just think about that - I've had to replace all my coats, all my pants, shirts, sweaters, underwear, bras, workout clothes, dresses and even my shoes as my feet are less wide and slightly less long. And I didn't just have to replace things once, but a few times for some of those things. Even buying new Target underwear gets pricey if you have to buy them all at once!

But man, summer seemed so far away and I had so little to lose, but the holidays really threw me off. I'm going to have to rethink things for next year. I gave up exercise (mostly) because I was so busy and let myself eat goodies. Took me two months to recover from 3 weeks of eating. That's kind of incredible especially since I didn't go crazy with eating either.

My husband thinks I can probably get to 160 by June 21st, but 155? Might be stretching it and he's right. I'll keep chugging along and doing the best I can, but I can't get upset if I'm not quite to where I want to be by then. I'm doing great and the weight and fitness level will get there sooner or later.

Stats for 3/24/12:

Highest weight: 275  Now: 169.6
Total hours worked out in 2012: 58.5/250

No comments:

Post a Comment