Sunday, March 11, 2012

Seasons are changing so are my food preferences

Yesterday when I went to the grocery store I just had this need to buy lettuce. I bought a lot of lettuce too. 5 heads of lettuce. Does anyone but me buy that much lettuce at once? Thing is, I never throw food away, so if I bought it, we will eat it. We ate one head yesterday and one head today. Guess we will eat another one tomorrow. It's salad season!

All winter I think I bought lettuce once. In fall and winter we eat greens all the time, but kale, collard greens, spinach and the like. I put it in stews, braise it and sauté it, but when I saw that lettuce in the grocery store yesterday, I realized the seasons had changed. It's spring baby!

And tomorrow, to toast spring's arrival, I'm cleaning up the yard and the grill. We will have our first grilled meal in months. I was going to go to the gym and do spinning, but why would I do that when it's going to be over 70 degrees and sunny? I don't enjoy spinning, I was just going to go to do the cardio work to burn calories. But gardening will burn even more calories and will get me some natural vitamin D.

Stats 3/11/12:

Highest weight: 275. Now: 171.2
Total hours worked out in 2012: 50.5/250

No comments:

Post a Comment