Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lump? What lump?

So, I have this lump in my abdomen. I can feel it. My husband can feel it. The gynecologist could feel it. However, it seems there's nothing there or nothing detected in the abdomen. Apparently it's muscle and I can see that it probably is as when I go to do crunches, that lump then takes shape/follows the same line as my abdominal muscle on that side.  It's probably been like that for years and years and years, but with all that fat overlaying my abdomen, who would have known? In other words, I have nothing to worry about.

They had looked at everything - my ovaries, my uterus, liver, spleen, pancreas, aorta, lungs, kidneys. And from that I learned a few things. First, my ovaries look fine and good. My liver which was a bit fatty about a decade ago seems to be OK now (yes this can be reversed) and very surprisingly, they said my uterus appears to be heart-shaped. This 'can' cause problems with fertility (carrying babies to term), but obviously that wasn't an issue. I had two babies naturally and they were both full term  37.5 weeks. One was 10 lbs 9 ozs, the other 11 lbs 14 ozs. Seems I shouldn't be worried about the possibility of a malformed uterus either. This baby factory is closed.

And also the pap smear test came back as fine too. Only thing left is to get the rescreening of the mammogram which I can now schedule with the paperwork with the insurance now put through.

While I wasn't worried about the lump, I'm glad to hear it's nothing. So far everything is looking good for my health. Even my bladder issue is an easy one to fix and not urgent.

Other than that, I'm gearing up for my double classes this evening at the gym. I'm actually looking forward to them! I had a good night of sleep and now I'm raring to go!

Of course, the scale was mean and went back up to 170, but this too shall pass as I know it's water weight as I've been uber consistent with my calorie count and with movement.

Stats for 3/21/12:

Highest weight: 275  Now: 170

No comments:

Post a Comment