Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fasting for an ultrasound today

Even though I know that lump in my tummy is probably nothing, (I actually think it is muscle as my abdominal muscles seem odd) it still has me worried and I can't wait to just know what it is.

I have had bad dreams about it and I swear I'm beginning to feel twinges in that region, but I think it's pyschosomatic symptoms. I just want to know that everything is a-ok.

When I scheduled the appointment late last week I just wanted to get in as soon as possible. I didn't think much about the time of day even when she told me I would need to fast. What's not eating for a few hours? Well... here I am at 9 am  and my stomach is grumbling. I ate dinner last night at 4 pm. That means I'll go for 22 hours without eating (well, I did eat half an orange at 9 pm. Doesn't seem to have held hunger at bay though).

I'll just have to keep myself busy today to keep myself from thinking about food. Grocery shopping probably isn't a good idea, huh? (though I really need to do that!) And then the nurse practitioner I saw for my gyn. appointment said she would find out the results probably in a week. I sure hope they let me see what's on the ultrasound. It's my body and I should have a right to see. Why do they hide the screen from you anyhow?

I also have my first mammogram today. So, an abdominal ultrasound, a transvaginal ultrasound, and a mammogram. I'm just taking tons of pictures of my insides today!  Then this evening I'll be doing my double express classes. I hope it doesn't feel like I'm exercising through mud. I'm dealing with another light cold, courtesy of my 6 year old.

Stats for 3/7/12:

Highest weight: 275  Now: 174.8

No comments:

Post a Comment