Monday, March 19, 2012

Decided to lower my goal

I know, know.... all these things about I've written about the scale only being half the story, etc, but I am looking at my body. Looking at the body fat percentage thingee on the scale and I can see and it tells me that I can lose a bit more.

This past month was a really successful one for me (OK, I know the month isn't over but as far as I think, months are by menstrual cycles and this cycle was a good one with some significant loss). It's now spring, moving and burning calories and even eating lighter is easier now, so I'm going to go for it.

My initial goal was 175 - that would be 100 pounds from my all time high, 80 pounds for this journey and a bit lower than my high school graduation weight. And, it was 10 pounds less than where I got the last time I tried to lose weight - so it all seemed achievable. Going less than that seemed impossible.

Then as I closed in on 175, I could see that the weight was still coming off rather quickly (oh how I didn't factor in how difficult winter and the holidays would be for me). I got down to 171.2 really quickly - 160 seemed like a good end weight.

Well, here I am. It's now spring and this last month with a bit of a push (and not a very big push) I dropped about 6 pounds from last month. I am staring 160 in the face and I can see that it's not quite all the way there. Plus it would feel so good to get to a healthy BMI and to say I lose 100 pounds this past weight loss effort. But mostly, I think with increasing my fitness and with dropping a bit more fat, I will see the body fat percentage fall to where I want it to fall - under 25%. I want the charts to say I'm fit gosh darn it and I want to really believe it instead of being where I am now which says "average" on all charts - or "Acceptable". "Fit" would be great. I don't care about it saying "Athletic". "Fit" would be perfect.

Now, at different places, I am getting people saying, "You don't need to lose any more." and "You aren't getting anorexic are you?" And while that is kind of people to say that they think I look great, if they really look, they can see that I'm not too thin or eating poorly. It's just such a huge, huge change from where I was before that it seems enough. Right now I'm going for better health and to be fit. I've got to give my ticker the best chance it can get after messing around with my health for the last 25 years.

So... goal is changed. In the end, I might make 155-160 my buffer weight zone, but we'll see about all that when I get there.

Stats for 3/19/12:

Highest weight: 175 Now: 168.8
Total hours exercised in 2012: 54.5/250

No comments:

Post a Comment