Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hormones are playing tricks on me

You would think hormones can only make you moody in a bad way. Or maybe they can work the other way around too, just that we don't really notice when we feel better than usually?

Today is day two of my menstrual cycle which, for me, is usually my worst day. Knowing today was going to be day two, I told my husband we should probably not have a date night tonight (we were thinking about it) because I tend to feel 'blah' on that day. I feel bloated, and gross, and moody - mostly moody.

Well, I woke up this morning feeling great. Why???? It's rainy. I got way too little sleep two days in a row. I have crappy things to do today (laundry and cleaning and cooking), the scale is up with water weight and it's day two of my menstrual cycle. Shouldn't I be feeling downright grumpy?

I guess not today  (or at least not yet!) I feel good. I feel energized. I feel ready to go. Maybe it's the cold finally gone? Or maybe it's spring and more light and I'm feeling energized or maybe, just maybe, the hormones are making me happy for no reason just like they can make me feel weepy for no reason.

Let's see if the happy feeling continues today or if I'm a short fuse and will go from happy to frazzled at a drop of a pin.

As I said, scale is up a bit today, but it is still under 170. Maybe, just maybe it will stay under 170 for this week? And then if I'm really lucky it will stay under? I can try, but I can't do much about water weight - if it's going to happen, it's going to happen.

Stats for 3/20/12:
Highest weight: 275  Now: 169.4
Total hours exercised in 2012: 55/250

No comments:

Post a Comment