Monday, August 1, 2011

Facing the scales after vacation

I kind of knew where the scales would be this morning by my going to bed weight and I could tell I would see a loss in the morning from before I left for vacation, but still, that morning step on the scale was initiated by a sigh.

So, from the start of vacation to now I lost 1.6 pounds. That means for the month of July I lost 4.2 pounds. That is like half of what my next lowest weight loss month was. Of course, vacation wasn't a help and neither was weird eating while my kids were sick and gym time being thrown off a bit with sick kids too. But, all in all, I cannot complain. 4.2 pounds is still about a pound a week and my hope was to lose a pound a week from the beginning and anything above and beyond that was icing on the cake. I can't lose that perspective because I'm doing well - period.

Today is also measurements day and like I told my husband, I could tell where my losses were coming from - my hips and bust, but not the waist. I felt a bit more straightish and yep, that's what's happening.

Going to the gym later today to jump start August!

Stats for 8/1/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 193.2
Exercise total hours for 2011: 231
Total miles in 2011: 637/1000

Monthly Measurements:

Starting chest: 47"  Now: 42" (change since last month: down 1" for a total loss of 5")
Starting Waist: 43" Now: 35" (change since last month: down 0" for a total loss of 7")
Starting Hips: 50" Now: 43" (change since last month: down 1" for a total loss of 7")
Starting Upper Arm: 18" Now: 15" (change since last month: up 1" for a total loss of 3")
Starting Upper Thigh: 30"  Now: 25" (change since last month: 0" for a total loss of 5")

1 comment:

  1. Did you have to say "icing on the cake"? LOL Now I want cake. Good job on losing while on vaca! Big accomplishment there!

    ReplyDelete