Friday, August 12, 2011

Right on cue a gain and loving trying on clothes!

So far I've been able to avoid the temptation of buying clothes, but after years and years and years of hating trying on clothes, (Man... most of my life actually!) I'm actually finding it enjoyable. It's funny because as I was gaining weight and reached my current weight of 190s, I felt huge and felt I looked horrible in clothes. I would zone in on the flabby tummy and thick legs. Now, with over 60 pounds gone, sure I still see the negative things, but they are so much less than they were 60 pounds ago - or even 80 pounds ago, that I can appreciate the good things I see in the mirror too.

And of course, being able to shop in all the cool shops is really fun! I have never stepped inside any of these stores before: The Limited, Forever 21, Ann Taylor, JJill, JCrew, Banana Republic, American Eagle Outfitters and so on. My shopping was limited to stores like the major department stores in the women's section: Nordstrom, Lord and Taylor and Macy's. And stores like Talbot's Women. Not that I ever shopped there. I'm too cheap and as a stay at home mom for the last 8 years, who needed nice clothes? I bought from the Women's sizes at Marshall's and TJMaxx and sometimes Nordstrom Rack.

The store I've been dying to go into and to be able to buy in is a cute little main street type boutique store - Kokopelli . I used to go in that store and just sigh at the cute, artsy dresses. Size 14 being the largest size. I went in there the other day and just for kicks decided to try on a simple dress. They had a 14 and a 12 and feeling lucky, I grabbed the 12.  And got a happy surprise of it being a good fit. I was seriously tempted by it, but with a $118 price tag, no way. Not for now when I don't know what size I will be in 2 months. I feel bad about the dress I bought for $24 and only wore once!

It's a huge motivator for me right now actually, to feel I look good in the clothes I wear. It's been so very, very long since I've felt that way - if I ever felt that way.

So,  isn't it ironic that I'm having a hard time keeping my food intake in check? and that I have a one pound gain on the scale this morning? I just have to shake my head. Today is day 11 of my menstrual cycle which means I'm gaining for ovulation. I know it. It's predictable, but as always, it has me a bit worried since I have been eating a bit more lately.

Can't dwell on it. I just have to keep plugging away. Going to BodyStep today.

Stats for 8/12/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 194.2

No comments:

Post a Comment