Friday, August 19, 2011

Bye-bye 190s! Good riddance!

I was really, really hoping I would see the 190s gone this morning. I knew it was a long shot, but when I did my nightly weigh-in before going to bed, I saw it would be close and then, there it was staring at me in the morning 189.8. Close, I know, bit it's there. And if things go as they usually do during my whoosh, I shouldn't see any regain.

Yesterday I decided on doing a studio cycling class. I have to admit it's not my favorite. I like choreographed classes better, but it was good and a change from what I have been doing. The big bummer was that my heart rate monitor wasn't picking up my heartbeat very well. I would be feeling, "man, this is getting tough", but my monitor said 124 bpm. That doesn't add up. I would fiddle with the chest strep and voila! It would jump up to 148. Huh. Then it would be at 132 steady, non-moving and I would wonder, what? and then readjust to find it at 118 (during rests). Ugh... So much for that helping me gauge how hard I was working. I was having a hard time figuring out if I was getting my heart up there with not a lot of resistance in my legs and vice versa, was my heart going up with more leg resistance, or was it just muscle fatigue?

Anyway, it was good and I would do it again, but I'll be sure to have padded pants next time. By the end, my crotch was somewhat numb and then extremely painful as feeling came back. Yuck!

Today is BodyStep. I'm feeling some aches and pains in my glutes and hip flexors from cycling, but nothing too bad and since I missed this class on Wednesday, I'm really, really looking forward to the class today.

And back to the weight. .8 pounds and I'm at my wedding weight. And in 1.2 pounds I will have lost the same amount of weight that my younger son weighs. He's a huge 6 year old that weighs 67.0 pounds (checked it this morning). Soooo... I'll be doing some celebrating here very soon. I'll do a photo with my son when I hit that milestone, which I hope will be very, very soon. Woohoo!

Boy, this time of the month is way nicer than the stall-out!

Stats for 8/19/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6 Now: 189.8 (65.8 pounds lost)
Exercise total hours in 2011: 247
Total miles walked in 2011: 698/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment