Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What no milestones today? Nope!

With so many exciting things happening the last few days, there is actually a day that is just the normal stuff. Me doing what I need to do to lose the weight and keep it off. Eating less and moving more with a lower carb twist added to the mix.

Yesterday was a different kind of day for me. First my younger son has been getting up at some whacko early times, so his mood and behavior has been less than spectacular during the last few days, yesterday was no exception. I also had several errands to run in the morning which didn't allow me to work out when I usually do. And then I had to drive my mother in law to the airport - not the closest airport, but the furthest local airport, Dulles. Which is a 1.5 hour drive typically. I set up the little guy with a movie in the back seat (love the portable DVD player) and off we went. Before coming home, we went to the bookstore for him to look at some books and next to it, Nordstrom Rack to maybe find some nicer, cheap clothes for me.

I was sadly disappointed in Nordstrom Rack. I was there a couple weeks ago but decided not to get anything even though there were several things I liked. This time, none of what I looked at before was there and their selection was very 'eh'. That's what you get for a clearance store, but still. I was looking forward to some good finds. It didn't help that little 6 year old was a beast in the store either. We didn't spend much time there.

I had my husband pick up pizza as I was on the run all day. I had budgeted the calories for it, but by the time it arrived I was famished, but boy was it yummy! And definitely worth the slight water weight gain this morning. Ever notice some of our favorite foods are really salty? Pizza, popcorn, tacos, bacon... SALT!!!

Anyway, in the evening I had signed myself up for bodypump. Since I knew with that long drive in the middle of the day, regular class times might not work, I scheduled one that I knew would work. So, at 8:15 to 9:15 pm I was in a weight lifting class. And boy, is it a different vibe at that time than during the day. First, people come in a rush to claim their spot. There's no "let me make room for you" or stopping to say hi to people you know as you set up and it's not like this class is any more full than other classes - they are all full. Just different kind of people. More of a "look after myself" vibe.

Then there was the chit-chat between people in class with friends who do the class together or people who are used to seeing each other in class. It's different - really different kind of vibe and talk. And of course, people look different. Every single person in that class has nice fitness clothes whereas during the day it's a mix of sweats and the nicer stuff. And, every one of these people worked during the day, so their hair is all nice, just pulled up (if a woman) for the class - full make-up everything.

As a new person in the class, there was no one to chat with, but more than that, the vibe was just 'off'. I've never worked the corporate world. I worked nonprofits and mostly education. It's just different in business. The people are different in the business world and it make me realize - that's not me and never will be me. I'm stereotyping a bit as I know not everyone fits this mold, but it felt so superficial... people trying to impress kind of thing... eh... not my style.

Anyway, after the class I felt like a limp noodle which is great for coming home to relax and going to bed at an earlier time. I went to bed with the windows open and sleep was great. My little son was up a bit later this morning. What woke me this morning was the darn big tractors/machines for my neighbor's lawn service which arrived promptly at 7 am - ugh!

.2 increase in weight for today from the pizza, but no regrets! That's just sodium! Today's exercise is mowing and trimming the lawn. Not looking forward to it, but it will be a gorgeous day to do it.

Stats for 8/23/11:

Beginning weight 255.6 Now 188.0
Exercise total hours in 2011: 250
Total miles walked in 2011: 711/1000



No comments:

Post a Comment