Monday, August 29, 2011

1st day of school canceled, my son's birthday and blah!

Well, I'll start with the blah! I think hormones and lack of sleep are messing with me because I feel like I have zero motivation today. I'm tired. There are no interesting classes today until 6 pm at the gym and it will probably be super crowded as one gym is still without power and the other is on summer shutdown for cleaning.

Then my younger son keeps waking up at the crack of dawn and I'm not ready to be up then and really, he isn't either. He's been a bit difficult with his moods too. Two people in the house with two little sleep leads to a bit of tension.

And then today was supposed to be the first day of school. However, 27 out of 72 are still without power (or were yesterday evening) and there is still debris on the sidewalks and roads making it unsafe to walk/bike/take a bus to school. My younger son was very disappointed as I have been psyching him up for school for weeks. But, he finally understood why.

My older son has the flu. He's still sleeping this morning, so I'm not sure how he is, but today is his birthday. His 15th birthday and we've postponed everything first because of the hurricane and now because of the flu. We aren't even making a cake.

I have a refrigerator full of foods I can't make because they were bought with the idea of making spicy Indian food but with someone in the house with the flu, Indian food isn't on the menu.

And, I didn't get to exercise as much this past week which always brings my mood down. First, because I feel bad for not carving out time for it, but also the endorphins aren't present and boy do they make a difference in my mood!

Basically, like the last time my mother in law left for her vacation, I had plans and they got ruined due to sick kids. Here I am with no mother in law again and first an earthquake, then my son fell off his bike, then my son got the flu and then we had a hurricane and school was canceled. ARGH!!! I'm dying here for a few minutes to myself - with no kids. Doing what I want to do. it's been a very, very long summer and I was ready for a change to something different. But... hopefully all will be back to the 'new' normal with kids in school tomorrow.

Stats for 8/29/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 189.4
Exercise total hours in 2011: 252.5
Total miles walked in 2011: 723/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment