Wednesday, August 31, 2011

As I end out another month

I realize how much of this is becoming a part of my life. The trying to fit in exercise. The way I eat. It's become normal, part of my routine and it feels good and most days, not difficult to maintain. I've even gotten used to the new, thinner me. Not that I'm thin, but my mind is now "Melissa is working on being fit!" And I'm glad my body is catching up to what I want it to be - fit.


I still have a long ways to go to get more fit and to drop these last twenty? Thirty? pounds, but I'm working on it in a slow and steady manner that I can maintain. It feels right and I feel good and man, does it ever feel good to 'feel good'. Even with all these crazy lack of sleep nights, I'm much better off than I was last year at this time. I'm not at that same level of exhaustion.


And it is so wonderful to realize that my husband (and my older son) is proud of me. Yesterday after bodypump I told him the instructor was eye candy (looked like Mark Harmon) and I said there was some eye candy for women in the class. And he said, "well, I didn't really pay attention, but yes I think there was one pretty girl I noticed - besides you of course."  And then a bit later he grabbed my waist and said, "I got the girl I married back."   This man who NEVER gives compliments gave me three, yes three compliments yesterday. Wow... it meant a lot. And it's not just the weight. It's my attitutude, my energy, my fitness level - all of it.

And.... so that's why I will keep on keeping on. Today it's bodystep after I drop off my younger son to school. Big brother is still sick.

Stats for 8/31/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 190.2
Exercise total hours in 2011: 254
Total miles walked in 2011: 729/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment