Monday, August 8, 2011

Updated picture day!

That I regularly ask my son or my husband to take pictures of me is very odd. I want you all to realize this. I have never, ever liked having my photo taken, so to voluntarily step in front of the camera on a regular basis for them, and for me to occasionally take pictures of myself is just odd. I still don't like it and I feel stiff and unnatural in front of the camera, but I'm glad I'm doing it. Photos, for me, are the best way to chart my progress. Sure, I need the scale for the daily motivation, but I don't really see the difference in how I'm changing with the scale, or even the measurements and how things fit. When I step in front of the mirror every morning, what I see are my imperfections - a 41.5 year old body with lots of battle scars. These photos I have been taking every 20 pounds really show my progress to my head, even if not immediately.

Like, yesterday I saw these photos and thought, "Eh, my face hasn't changed much in the last 20 pounds." But then I just added the newest picture to the sidebar and heck yes I can see a difference. Each time more of my facial structure can be seen. It is true, my overall shape hasn't changed much. My legs look like my legs, just smaller. My gut looks like my gut, just smaller. My bust looks like my bust, but just smaller (yes, the girls have shrunk a bit too even though they don't look like it in the pictures).

So, onto more pictures. That's what you all want to see, right? Just remember, if you are dying to see them full sized, just click on the photos and you can see them larger.

First, my new head and shoulders shot:



OK, I couldn't resist with that one. I was making faces at my son as he was adjusting his camera.... That's about how I feel about standing in front of the camera.

Here's the 'good' head and shoulders shots. The first one was taken in the shade and the second one a bit earlier in the glaring sun:


And some full body shots:



















Some comparison shots:



255



235

















213


















193


So, that's the photo story so far. I will be adding some pictures every 10 pounds from now on because it's getting longer between each 20 pounds and because I think there should be more difference seen at ten pounds as I get closer to goal. I guess we'll see.

Stats for 8/8/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 193.4
Exercise total hours in 2011: 236
Total miles walked in 2011: 657/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment