Monday, August 15, 2011

Seems my body is just hungrier, so I'll feed it

I have decided that if my body isn't satisfied with eating at the lower calorie area where I was eating, then I need to eat a bit more so that I feel better. I know this shouldn't be something I have to think about it and decide upon, but sometimes it's hard to decipher bodies' signals. What feels like hunger signals could be from so many things - being used to being fed at a particular time. Cravings unrelated to hunger. And just your head messing with you.

But, I'm eating very healthy, working out every day and my body seems satisfied when I end my day eating about 1600 calories and still unsettled, asking for more when I try to settle around 1500 or 1400.

1600 is still a deficit in calories (especially with working out), so I should follow this pattern and not worry about trying to maximize my weight loss per week. I need to be able to sustain my lifestyle and to do that, I have to follow my body's lead. Right now with what I'm doing, it simply wants more to eat.

Other than that, I did ovulate early this month and as  gift to me the water weight associated with ovulation that usually sticks around for 3-4 days is leaving early too. So, time to see where this month's weight loss takes me. I want to break into the 180s. Anything more than that I will be happy with. At this point in my weight loss, it will happen slower and slower, but it's still progress!

Stats 8/15/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 193.8
Total hours exercised in 2011: 243.5
Total miles walked in 2011: 687/1000

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, I understand, trying to give my body 1400 healthy enough calories is like starving it, it seems to be satisfied with 1600 so that's where I am now-no deficit but at maintenance level. Great going on the amount of weight lost! Yeah You!

    ReplyDelete