Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Seems if I can't make it to the gym, I don't exercise

For some reason, I just cannot force myself to go down to the basement to exercise. You know, my preferred way of exercising for months is now not acceptable? Me who was afraid to go to the gym to workout, now prefers it?

I think it's the being alone factor. In class I'm around other people. At home I feel the isolation and I don't like it. Same with walking around the lake. If I have company, great! If not, I don't want to do it. What's up with that????

So, what it means is that I didn't exercise at all yesterday. We had an earthquake here yesterday and because of it my husband's work dismissed early, so he mowed the back half of the lawn which was supposed to be my exercise for yesterday. I really tried to talk myself into doing a step routine down in the basement, but I couldn't do it! In the end, I just added second workout routine at the gym for today.

Today then, I'm doing bodystep in the morning, will mow late morning at home the front half of the yard and then this evening at 8 pm I will go to bodypump. I wanted to take it at 5:30 pm, but the class was full. My husband got the last spot in that class. So, back to pumping iron with the corporates again. I'll survive.

Scale is up 2 pounds today. I know why - pizza two nights ago and stir fry with soy sauce last night. Two super high sodium meals in a row will add up to a significant water gain. I'm not too worried/disturbed by it, but would also like to see it gone before I hit my monthly stall-out.

I was at the international grocery store when the earthquake hit yesterday. My son was running and jumping in the aisle and the shelves started to shake. First thought was, "Must be an earthquake". Then my more rational brain said, "More likely there's some loose flooring (as it's a mishmash of flooring) and my son's running and jumping is making the shelves shake". I asked him to stop and the shaking stopped. About 5 minutes later then radio interrupted saying an earthquake was just felt in Manhattan. Huh, it was an earthquake!

I was at the store to buy more Indian food supplies. WIth my mother in law gone - it's spicy food time and we love, love, love Indian food! Good for you too! All those beans and veggies! Yum!

OK, busy, busy day today. I have class, I need to mow and then I need to make bread and make yogurt and something for dinner and then do class again. Phew! Better get started!

Stats for 8/24/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 189.8 (up 1.8 pounds from yesterday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment