Sunday, July 3, 2011

Seven hours at the gym this week!

How about that? That's not even counting the hour of tennis because that day wasn't really vigorous just a lot of standing around and picking up balls. One, I feel so great after that workout. Two, I love doing group classes and three, I want to be fit. Like a real fit person, not just someone who dabbles it. I want to be able to move and feel great.

Yesterday I did my second body pump class. It was a bit easier the second time, but my husband reminded me that I wasn't doing that class after an hour of step class. Oh yes, right! That might make a difference. I'm feeling it a bit in my hip flexers. This morning I went in and did Zumba and pushed myself harder. I was drenched.

Speaking of drenched: I go through so many clothes now! Seven workout outfits in a week! There is no way I can wear things a second time because while Dry Fit clothes keep me dry, it gets really stinky - faster than cotton does because it's polyester.

Not sure if I'll get a workout in for Monday. We are having an Independence Day potluck party at our house with Sven's colleagues from work. We can see the fireworks from the lake just down from our house, so that should be fun. Tomorrow is iffy on what I'll do. There is a BodyPump class at 8 am or a Zumba class at 9:30 am. Well, just tried to sign up for a bodypump class and it's already full. Guess it's Zumba at 9:30 am. That will make my son happier anyway - he loves going to that KidSpace the most. (The gym has classes until noon).

Other 'big' things is that my husband and I both agree, I'm the same size I was when we got married. Now, I felt HUGE when I got married, but I am very happy to be here again. I weigh a tad bit more yet, but with being more fit, I'm more compact than when I was unfit and 10 pounds lighter.

No change on the scale this morning, but at least the big drop stuck! I'm happy enough with that!

Huh, just realized, I haven't seen any of my husband's colleagues since the holiday party. I'm 60 pounds lighter now (actually 65 as I weighed 5 pounds more in the middle of the holiday season). Ah, that will feel great to not be the biggest person any more! Does anyone ever want to be the biggest?

Stats for 7/3/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 196.4*
Exercise total hours in 2011: 207
Totals miles of walked/biked in 2011: 561/1000

* Someone on the weight loss forum informed me that I had put 206 instead of 196. That, is because my brain hasn't caught up with my physical weight yet! So, now, 6 weeks later, I'm correcting it now that it's discovered! 

No comments:

Post a Comment