Thursday, July 28, 2011

Packing up, the aquarium and MIT

Today was out last day in Boston. I spent the morning packing up. Now how it took an hour to pack up, I don't know. Getting things on ice that needed to be chilled. Putting things in proper places depending on whether it needed to be in the cabin of the car or in the trunk and so on. I did that, got the kids breakfast, showered, dried my hair, put on a bit of makeup, made sure the kids were dressed and clean all the while thenonly thing my husband did was to shower and use the toilet. Pretty typical.

Anyway, we got out of the room at 11 am and headed to the aquarium where I was meeting up with a mom friend and her kids. We discovered the train wasn't running at our area, so instead of one change, we needed to take a shuttle bus and two changes to get there making us late. Fortunately, her train was late too and we got there at the same time.

Of course, as is typical when two moms meet up with their kids, not much time to chat with each other, but it was still so nice to finally meet up. Great kids too.

My younger son, on the autism spectrum, though, was beginning to get overwhelmed. I don't know if it was all the people at the aquarium or the busy three days we've had. So that part was a bit difficult. Later when we got to just walking around, he was much better.

So, the next thing we did was to go to the MIT area. First we stopped at a highly recommended ice cream place. The little guy got one scoop of cake batter ice cream and one scoop of Belgian chocolate ice cream. Older son got blackberry ice cream and green tea ice cream and my husband got chocolate hazelnut ice cream and bourbon ice cream. I had the leftovers of my younger son's. Which, fortunately for my diet, there wasn't much left.

We walked to MIT and then we walked to a recommended pizza joint. It's a real hole in the wall, but great pizza. The pizza crust is cracker crisp and thin and then yummy and creative toppings. Little guy had plain cheese, I had on regular sauce, roasted potatoes, dried cranberries, crisp bacon and cilantro with mozzarella cheese. My older son had garlicky green olives with feta cheese and goat cheese over a garlicky olive oil sauce. And my husband had roasted thyme mushrooms, roasted red peppers, green peppers and over Rosemary tomato sauce and smoked mozzarella cheese. Soooooo good.

We walked back the 1.5 miles to our hotel and then got the rest of our stuff and drove to our next hotel. And here I am, sitting in the dark filling you all in on my day as my 6 year old won't fall asleep beside me.

Walked another 5 miles today (and probably more, but the pedometer wasn't picking up all my steps when I started wearing the lumbar pack around my waist, near the pedometer.

Beginning weight: 255.6. Now: ???.?
Total hours exercised in 2011: 230
Total miles walked in 2011: 634/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment