Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Life returning to normal after child illness

That I was able to fit in fitness and decent eating when I was stuck at home (minus the 1 hour and 15 minutes I snuck out to exercise Friday thru Sunday) with a sick kid is amazing.

I called before 9 am yesterday morning to get a doctor's appointment for my son. Had the appointment at 5 pm. Negative for strep infection, but he has a really bad ear infection and a suspected 'other than strep' throat infection. They gave me a prescription for amoxicillin which we started last night. Last night little guy went to bed at 8:45 pm and slept until 10 am this morning. He said nothing hurt, but something must have been bugging him for him to zonk out like that. Hid the antibiotic in his pudding last night and in his peanut butter and jelly sandwich this morning. So far 100% successful in hiding it. And we've learned he'll take a swallowable pill quite easily if he needs it for pain/fever.

I didn't get a chance to workout yesterday at all. And I'm waffling on going today. But I have a reservation and i don't want to give that up!

I don't even want to mention (so Shhhh....) that the scale has been slowly going down during my stall out time of the month. Still higher than my all time low, but so far so good in keeping the water weight lower this month! (Still a week to go, so we'll see).

OK, got to get ready to pump some iron! (I am going).

Stats for 7/12/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6 Now 197.0

No comments:

Post a Comment