Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Words I haven't heard in years and years

I don't know how many years it's been, but I want to say at least a decade - maybe longer. Whatever length of time it is, it's been a really, really, really long time.

Well, I shouldn't say I haven't heard them. I just haven't heard them from him - my husband. So what did he say? He said I looked beautiful.

We were in the car, driving back from Ethical Society this past Sunday and he looked over, got a very loving look on his face and said with all sincerity, "You look really beautiful today." I don't think I'll ever forget that look or those words. I'll forget the date, but nothing more.

My husband isn't big on gifts or compliments and he won't give compliments just to compliment. He has to really mean them as he's really honest. Now, that doesn't mean he's mean. He doesn't put me (or anyone else for that matter) down, but he won't tell white lies. If I ask him if I look alright, he'll say "that dress is pretty." Or, "You look nice", but he won't say more if he doesn't feel more. So, hearing I looked beautiful to him was shocking first of all and secondly, I really felt it. I guess that hearing it so rarely does make it special... though I could stand to get compliments a bit more often!

I've never felt like a beautiful woman. I have some nice features, but the word beautiful to me is referred to something extraordinary and that doesn't include me. I would say I'm "pretty" (boy, even that is hard for me to say), but beautiful? Heidi Klum is beautiful.... but I'm glad my husband finds me beautiful. I guess that's all that matters!

And, to make me feel even better, the scale is still going down. I'm getting close people!!!

Stats for 11/15/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 178.2 (77.4 pounds lost)
Total miles walked in 2011: 889/1000


No comments:

Post a Comment