Thursday, November 3, 2011

Beautiful fall days

I was scheduled to go to the gym today, but with looking outside and seeing what gorgeousness was awaiting me, I decided not to go to the gym. What else was staring at me from outside were all the dead annuals in the ground and in pots as well as the mounds of leaves in the back yard. So, I canceled the one hour weights class to do 3 plus hours of yard work and boy, let me tell you, that yard work was much more of a workout than that weights class would have been and I still have so much to do!

It was the month I spent in the garden that I lost the most weight this spring too. Time flies when you are working outside in a pleasant environment. Plus, when I'm working on a task, I just want to finish it. I don't like to leave it to come back to. It's starting a project that is hard, not sticking with one or finishing it. But, it was impossible to finish it all today - so workout tomorrow will also be working in the yard.

This evening I was finally sorting through some pictures taken at the pumpkin patch about 2 weeks ago. I compared them to a year ago and wow - what a difference. While I might feel I'm still struggling now with losing the last few, the pictures give me a better perspective. The change is pretty huge for one year. So, tomorrow I will share those photos with you all - side by sides if I can manage it. These aren't my "end" pictures, but they are snapshots of me in the same environment exactly one year apart - 2010 and 2011. I can't wait to do a Christmas 'redo' too. Those pictures from last year haunt me.

But now, sleep! Yard work has worn me out!

Stats for 11/3/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 182.6
Total miles walked in 2011: 852/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment