Friday, November 4, 2011

Pumpkin patch in 2010 and 2011 - photo comparisons

I've posted several pictures from the pumpkin patch in my before photos in previous posts, but I'm putting them here to show side by side comparisons to now. In late October 2010 I weighed somewhere around 255 - maybe a bit more (definitely not less). This was already a recent 10 pound weight loss with our move and remodeling (being more active). And it was still another ten pounds from my all time high. So yes, I was even 20 pounds bigger once upon a time.

In these before photos I was wearing a size 20, but was actually able to wear a tight 18 by then with the recent weight loss, but I hadn't gotten any 18s yet. And, I have saved these size 20 jeans for my "never forget" before pants. I will take a photo in them when I hit goal (which I really hope will be soon).

The 2011 photos are of me around 180 give or take a couple pounds, so a 75 pounds difference. I can still see the work I still have to do, but my sweet husband said to me, "in some of these photos you look like you don't even need to lose more and really you don't. You just need to work at staying fit and healthy." He's so sweet - this is coming from a man who is thin and just lost 20 plus pounds himself to be at a weight he likes better for himself, yet he doesn't expect body perfection from me - he just wants a healthy and active wife. That I can do for him and for me! That's what this whole journey has been all about. Yes, I am still working on losing at least the last 5-10 pounds and would love to lose another 10, but I can also be happy with where I am in all aspects - fitness, health and my appearance.

OK, onto the comparisons. I'll start with this one. My husband wanted to take some similar photos from last year and this year to show me the difference (as he knows I sometimes have a hard time with seeing my progress). Well, the difference is undeniable:



Then there is this picture in the pumpkin patch. He was being funny last year with how I was holding the pumpkins, so we recreated the scene:



And then these are more just to show the differences in my shape:























There are other difference as well - I had gotten my hair cut about a month after going to the patch last year, but also I've lost about a 1/3 of my hair since then (and had already lost a lot of it before - which was one of the reasons I cut my hair). Hopefully, once my thyroid is regulated better, my hair will grow back in.

So, there you have it - 2010 and 2011 at the pumpkin patch.

My workout for today will be as it was yesterday - working at cleaning up the yard!

Stats for 11/4/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 182.6

No comments:

Post a Comment