Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I don't think Thanksgiving is going to be a problem

I have my menu. Are you ready for it? I got a bit overboard, but then again, I don't cook again until Monday. That's a win-win-win for me. Plus, we always have guests and you never know what people like or don't like, so I make a bit of everything.

This year's feast:

Chestnut Fennel Soup
Winter Squash Rolls
Cranberry Sauce 
Sage Pancetta Roasted Turkey
Sausage Cranberry Cornbread Stuffing
Scalloped Potatoes
Scalloped Corn
Candied Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Root Vegetables and Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Pancetta
Lemon Roasted Green Beans with Almonds
Pancetta Sage Gravy
Double Crust Apple Pie with Cinnamon Ice Cream
Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream
Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake with Spiked Whipped Cream

Sounds good, doesn't it? So, why won't it be a problem? Well, it's a lot of food, so I'll have just a bit of everything - a taste of sweet potatoes, a taste of scalloped corn and scalloped potatoes. I can fill up on turkey, green beans, root vegetables and brussels sprouts. I love those foods. And, I'll be too full to be tempted by desserts. I know that already. Plus, desserts haven't been tempting me. We have stuff around the house all the time. It's dough and batter that get to me, but none of these really have an edible dough or batter, so I should be OK.

My weekend is also going to be super busy. I am helping someone plant bulbs Friday morning. Helping someone put up a Christmas tree on Saturday and by Sunday most of the food will be gone and I'll be tired of it. Now, I don't think I will lose any weight over the holiday weekend, but I hope not to gain either. (Though.... I've been gaining for two days in a row now, so who knows, but I haven't been overeating  and I've been active - it's just all fluctuations).

Huh, speaking of fluctuations, I had to put a ring on my middle finger as I was afraid it would fall off my ring finger. And it was loose on my middle finger too. Today I notice that I can't take it off without a struggle and my other hand's ring is also snugger than it was. Wonder why I'm holding water? It's obvious from the rings' fit. Huh...

Anyway, today and tomorrow will be a whirlwind of cleaning and cooking. I want to prep as much as possible today and get most of the cleaning done today so that tomorrow can just be cooking.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels everyone! (to those readers who are already heading off for their holiday weekend!)

Stats for 11/23/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 174.6

No comments:

Post a Comment