Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Those darn female hormones!

While I hate it when someone is vulgar and says, "What's your problem? Are you on the rag?" or "Geez, are you PMSing or what?" but, to be honest, there is truth in the fact that many women, myself included get overly emotional, overly sensitive and crabby when those female hormones are circulating strongly in our system around the time of our menstrual periods. Sorry male readers, but most of you are probably married to women and have daughters to know what I'm saying is true.

So, yesterday I felt like I was on a roller coaster ride. I felt great in the morning and midday, eh in the early evening and downright foul by evening and was just shy of weepy by the time I went to bed. While I knew why I was feeling so emotional, knowing why doesn't give me the power to stop feeling emotional. I can say in my head, "Melissa, it's just your hormones, you aren't really sad." or "Melissa, no it's not that hard to stick to this diet. You just feel like crap, so you want to eat crap, but you really don't want to and will be mad at yourself if you do!"

I'm not usually hungry in the evenings, but yesterday, all freaking day I was hungry and I wanted sweets and it's probably because I allowed myself some sweets the day before so the last thing I should have done yesterday is to succumb to the sweet tooth monster (and it really is a monster). That's the problem with carbs. They are addictive and if I allow them in my diet, I just want more. So, the best idea is to eat them rarely and in small doses because then I have the cravings and it's almost like a withdrawal from sweets when I try to get away from them.

I did stay away from them yesterday and I will today - despite there being super yummy pumpkin spice cookies in the house and despite making homemade mini apple pies later today and homemade bread today. I will stick with a very low carb day today and I'm fitting in exercise class today and hopefully, that sweet tooth monster will go away.

Down 1.4 on the scale today, so not giving in to the sweet tooth monster allowed some of the water weight to come off. Wish me luck at the gym today. I'm nervous about how tired I might get, but I'm looking forward to the class.

Stats for 11/2/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 182.6
Total miles walked in 2011: 834/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment