Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

It's hard not to compare this year to last year. I'm making about the same menu as last year (switched out two side dishes and one dessert). So, when I look at the recipes and I see my time in the kitchen, I can pretty much know how it compares to last year.

I was more behind last year AND I had help (a friend came down on Wednesday and helped part of that day and all of Thanksgiving). I was dying with a headache and it was a bit worse that day as I was working so hard and a bit stressed. I felt I was trudging through molasses. I still had a great time and it was one of our best Thanksgivings ever, but I was popping ibuprofen every 3.5 hours to make it through.

This year, no headaches and I'm prepping solo and I'm further along that last year. I have all the veggies (besides the potatoes and apples) prepped. Same for herbs. Even the pie crusts are chilling in the fridge and the pancetta sage butter for the turkey - all done - ready to rock and roll for today. All I have to do today is cook and some of the cooking is done (cranberries, roasted onions and pumpkin cheesecake). Oh, and this year I managed to get the cranberries into the molds. I have more ENERGY!!!

But, standing on my feet for about 15 hours yesterday has me holding more water today. I ate 1550 calories yesterday and cleaned and prepped the rest of the time. AND even helped my husband hang our new  TV over the fireplace. And I slept well. I think I slept fitfully last year.

What I have found is that if I spend a lot of time on my feet, I retain water - every. single. time. So I expected the gain. I'm kind of glad it happened now as I won't blame the food when it goes up again tomorrow.

Oh, and something interesting. I'm beginning to pay attention to the "body fat percentage" thingee on my scale. Three days ago it said I had 31% body fat. Two days ago it said 31%. On the day I lived on my feet? 25% yesterday even though I actually weighed more on the scale. I guess it shows how accurate this are! They aren't! LOL

OK, have to get to get to work if I want to get dinner on the table at time. Starting with ironing the tablecloth and the napkins. I've only had 364 days to iron them. Of course I waited until the day I need them to iron them! Ugh!

Stats for 11/23/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 175.4
Total miles walked in 2011: 915/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment