Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Changing my birthday plan

Last year we went to the Melting Pot for my birthday. It was fun. It was delicious and really, not over the top in calories. I had been thinking all along we would do that again, but, as it's nearing, I'm not so sure I want to do that. I think I would rather have a normal meal at home (without a cake) and use the money on something else. Something fun for me. I'm more about crafty things than about food and wine (opposite of my husband). Plus, with all the other food temptations this season, I don't want to add another day to be watchful. There is always next year if I want it.

Today will be going to bodypump and I'm looking forward to it. Last night I did Zumba and I didn't like it too much. It's too hard on the joints. I can't do the jumping and when you don't know the choreography, it's hard to get a good workout. That hour class seemed to drag on forever. I was so happy when it was done.

It didn't help that I was right in front of the mirror (no way to escape it). And all I could see was my upper arms swinging back and forth and my inner thighs jiggling all over and then in some moves, the thin shirt pressing against my flabby tummy. Ugh... all that loose skin!

It is getting better and I know it will continue to get better, but I know it won't go away and it will be a forever reminder of where I have been. It bummed me out a little bit. On the day that I reached 100 plus pounds gone, I felt like a blop in class - even though I was one of the more active people... I looked so jiggly. No fun. I almost want to put in shiny rhinestones all over my shirt front - So what that I'm jiggly! I've lost 100+ pounds! I swapped being fat for loose skin! Kind of like those pregnant women who wear shirts with an arrow pointing to their tummy and it says, "baby". or better, an arrow pointing to the side and the shirt saying "I'm with stupid". Not my style, but it's tempting

Stats for 11/22/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 174.6 (lost 81 pounds)
Total miles walked in 2011: 910/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment