Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gaining has put me in a definite funk

I felt so darn good while I was losing the weight these past few weeks. The scale was moving after standing still for 6 weeks (or better put, bouncing around the same 3 pounds for 6 weeks). I got to 80 pounds lost. I got to 100 pounds lost overall and then.... for no reason - no reason at all, I started to gain. I wasn't overeating. I was exercising and bam... weight gain.

Then, Thanksgiving and more weight gain. I didn't even pig out! I ate a big meal and had dessert, but it was a 2500 calorie day. That should be no gain with as much as I was burning with cooking all day. Then I kept most of that Thanksgiving gain and why???? It went down a little and then went back up today! The scale who was my friend is now my enemy. WHY did it have to bounce up over 175 - that magic number? Grrrrr.....

So, I've been in a funk. I've tried to be upbeat about it. I've tried to say to myself it will come off in time, but in the meantime, I feel horrible - no getting around that.

To feel a bit better today I went walking - by myself. Then I raked and bagged leaves - by myself. I don't feel much better. I don't think I will until that scale goes down. And I won't do it by starving myself (which is my mother in law's new tactic, by the way). Ugh...this bites, really bites. To be THIS CLOSE to a goal - to have even gotten there for a few days and then BAM... just like that - it's gone. Wah!!!!

And since I'm honest, I'll change it back to one slice of pizza if this weight is not off by Tuesday. My guess is that it will not be gone! 2.2 pounds at this time of the month just doesn't happen.
Stats for 11/27/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 177.8
Total miles walked in 2011: 931/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment