Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Whoosh!

I knew the weigh in today was going to be a good one. Yesterday afternoon I had to stop every hour to go pee and then I would pee a lot! In the evening, I weighed myself fully dressed and I weighed the same as I did in the morning while naked. Made me pretty confident I would see a nice loss on the scale today. My ankles are getting less and less puffy (still have a bit puffiness to them though). Wow! I really know how to hold water!

I got the tools and border materials and regular garden soil yesterday from the garden center yesterday. Couldn't do anything in the garden beyond figuring out how much edging material I needed and getting things organized. Later, I had to take my younger son to his occupational therapy session smack in the middle of the day and then it was time for homework, dinner, etc. So, I bounced around in the basement for exercise.

The routine I decided on was Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Workout. It's from way back, 1988. I was 18 years old when that was filmed and Kathy was a young 36 years old. (She is still going strong with videos at 59 years old and looks fabulous). I had never done that video before. Someone had given it to me or I had exchanged it with someone on videofitness.com 13 years ago. It's been languishing in a box for all those years. Since I tend to like Kathy Smith's style and pacing, I gave it a whirl and was glad I did. She gives an 8 minute warm-up, 38 minute aerobic section (and it's not just straight out aerobics, she incorporates strength training with it, so it's a double whammy workout), and then a 10 minute cool down and stretch. That's just shy of a full hour and at just the right intensity for me. Definitely a keeper.

Wow! I'm 1 pound and 3 ounces from being at my halfway point for weight loss (the fitness part doesn't have an end goal, but is a forever goal). When I started out with this, I hoped to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year... well, really, to get to 200 pounds which is 55.6 pounds, but even then I wondered if that was too ambitious, but here I am after 4 months, not 12 months, already at almost 40 pounds lost! I'm pretty darn proud of that effort. While there are times I get frustrated, I haven't felt this has been a difficulty journey. I did a lot of the mind work of weight loss over the last decade, which has me really hoping that this weight loss will be a permanent one. I don't feel deprived. I don't feel worn out. I feel strong and healthy and I'm well on my way to making myself strong and healthy too!

Stats for 5/3/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now 216.6 (39 pounds lost!)
Exercise total hours/minutes in 2011:  121 hours
Total Walking/Biking/Running  total miles in 2011: 373/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment