Tuesday, May 10, 2011

More digging yesterday and today

I spent six and a half hours in the yard yesterday. One hour planting anemone's (30 bulbs) and two evening primrose plants in pots. Then, I got the hose, watered that area and then dragged it to the front yard to mark out the flower bed. I cut into the ground the shape I wanted, removed all the pots from the oval, and started digging. I then spent the next 5 hours tearing out the grass in the front yard. Yes, a sod cutter would have done the job in a few minutes, but it's one small flower bed (about 5 feet by 15 feet). Not worth the cost of renting and hauling the thing home for what I needed to do and I need the exercise, right? Interestingly, I'm not very sore this morning. I felt it a bit in my abs last night and my arms, but I don't feel it any more now than then. Must mean I'm getting stronger!

More planting planned for today. I need to plant the front yard flowers in the newly created flower bed. Starting with adding the border, amending the soil and then planting and then mulching. I hope I get to adding soil around the tree in the front yard (not touching the trunk) and planting there too. That's about as far as I'll get today I figure as I also need to mow. And nope, still won't be done. I have one more flower bed to go and then mulching that huge flower bed, the front flower bed, the backyard flower bed and finishing the edging around the front of the house. I need about 2-3 more days (at least).

Despite drinking a ton last night, I barely had to pee this morning which means I'm holding fluid. I burned about 3000 calories yesterday, consumed about 1300 calories and the scale stayed the same. Oh well, it will happen soon enough. My muscles might be holding water to repair themselves from all that heavy work yesterday.

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 212.2
Exercise total hours in 2011: 138 hours
Walking/Biking/Running totals in 2011: 394/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment