Friday, May 27, 2011

Getting ready for a party!

We are hosting a Memorial Day Potluck Picnic. We are providing the meat dish and drinks. So today will be readying for that so I don't have a mad rush tomorrow. I need to go buy everything (except the ice). So drinks and the meat dishes. We have enough disposable dishes left from previous parties. I'll just need to check on the cups and fork situation. Mostly today, I just need to tidy up - run the vacuum around, clean the bathrooms and dust. I have a couple things to replant outside and water everything. It's been so hot, the new plants aren't able to tolerate it.

Ovulation is definitely over and I've started to see the downward trend, but like last month, that water weight is coming off slowly. I'm still 1.2 pounds over my all time low, but down .4 from yesterday. Slowly, slowly, slowly. Doesn't my body know I want to remove another slice of that pizza pie over there on the sidebar?

Yesterday was an exhausting day and I'm not quite sure why. I was doing a lot of running around for the guys working on the gutters - they were here for 13 hours tearing off the old fascia and soffits and putting up new. In the morning I tore up all the ivy in the patches of perennial ground cover around the trees and tore out the honeysuckle from the burning bushes around the deck. Then I went in to start some bread. I ran to Home Depot and got a few plants for the side yard, came home and turned on the AC and closed up the house as it was getting HOT. I putzed around in the yard, getting the guys what they needed. Then I went to Lowe's and exchanged the propane tank for our potluck picnic and got a tree for the side yard. Putzed around at home some more. Got my little one from school and then we played in the back yard with water for a little bit. Went in, finished the bread, made dinner, got some stuff for the guys again and then watered everything new in the yard for an hour. Cleaned up after dinner, got the guys what they needed and then helped them clean up the obvious stuff in the yard as it was already 9 pm. I was truly exhausted after that. Partly because it's so hot which is draining, but I was on my feet for about 12 hours yesterday. So, I cannot even imagine how exhausted those two guys were! Wowzers!

No formal exercise today either as I'll be cleaning/tidying for hours which is exercise on it's own. We'll have to turn the AC back on too.

Stats for 5/27/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 210.2 (a bit more than 45 pounds lost)
Exercise total hours in 2011: 165
Walking/Biking total miles in 2011: 440.5/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment