Monday, May 16, 2011

Just call me Yo-yo!

I was hoping maybe I was wrong about my prediction about the stall out. I was hoping my body didn't get the message that I'm in a new cycle, but nope, it's the same old story. Down a bit one day, up a bit the next day. I think my 'goal' for this next 1.5 weeks is to lose one pound. I would like to see the single digits. Not 211. Not 210.x, but 209.something. Yesterday it was 210.6. Today it's 211.0 Day before it was 211.2 and so on - the pre-ovulation stall out.

Seriously, WHAT would happen if I didn't ovulate? I used to think, "Well, if you weren't ovulating, you wouldn't have the second half of the month with the tremendous weight loss, but it's not that simple. It's my body gearing up for ovulation that messing me up and makes me hold fluid. My guess now is that I would lose weight at a more steady pace if ovulation didn't interfere. Maybe slower overall as perhaps those hormones aid weight loss. I don't know... I'm just an oddity because I've never met anyone who has such an extreme cyclical nature to weight loss. Maybe scientists should study me? Tee-hee!

Yesterday I went into Virginia for Ethical Society and a lot more people commented on my weight loss. I guess it's pretty obvious now, but 45 pounds is pretty obvious to see. 35 more to go (or around there).

I got lucky with the weather yesterday. It was supposed to be a yucky day, but it turned out to be a nice one until evening. So, I got home around 2 pm. Putzed around indoors for a little bit and then went out to garden. I got the center flower bed mulched and then weeded and got the edging done in the front of the house flower bed. Today, if weather cooperates, I'll mulch the front flower bed, the tree flower bed and the rock flower bed and take pictures! We'll see if I have enough mulch to do the big side flower bed which I'm sure i won't so I'll be heading to the garden center for more mulch. I wonder - will I need this much mulch every year? I sure hope not!

That's about it for today. It's Monday which I'm always a bit happy about and sad about. Happy to get a bit of freedom from kids. Sad because of the scheduled living again. I'm getting ready for summer break too!

Stats for 5/15/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 211.0
Exercise total hours: 151 hours
Walking/Biking/Running total miles: 412.5/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment