Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I see a glimpse of things to come and getting my bike soon!

Yesterday I did exactly what I said I wanted to do with the yard. I mulched around the front flower bed, the tree in front of the house, the rock garden, at the back of the house where the vegetables and herbs are and I mulched the fig trees and tomatoes in pots. And yes, I did have to go buy more mulch for the side yard. While at the garden center, I got more soil and some shade loving annuals for the deck rail flower planters. Gotta love 88 cents for a six pack of flowers! Maybe if the rain isn't too bad today, I'll fill those planters, but we'll see. I will probably need to fold some laundry instead.

The other exciting thing is that REI is having another big sale - including their bicycles, so this weekend my older son and I will get/order our new bikes. And the sandals I want are also on sale, so double bonus. I really hope I'll find bike riding as fun and useful as I plan it to be. I really do have visions of riding to the grocery store and farmer's market. And if I do it regularly and enjoy it, I'll get things to make it easier for me to haul stuff. Stuff like this: http://www.burley.com/home/bur/page_416/travoy.html

Got to get running this morning. Our shower fell off it's track, so we had a mini panic attack this morning. Those shower doors (as they are not standard size) cost a fortune in our remodel last year. Phew... we got it back on, but it took precious minutes away from our usual morning routine.

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 209.8 (love seeing those single digits! Just about 46 pounds lost)
Exercise total hours in 2011: 153 hours
Walking/Biking/Running totals in 2011: 416.5/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment