Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inching closer - swollen ankles again after a nearly perfect day!

Yesterday was near perfection. I dropped the little guy off to school and waited the 30 minutes there for the bus to take us all to the Howard County Conservancy. A short bus ride later, we were there. We were divided into 6 groups of 6-7 kids and the chaperones and were led around the farm area - seeing tadpoles and frogs and snakes, chickens and goats, a presentation about an owl (with a barred owl in the show), then looking around at bird's nests of different types, turtles, fox pelts and animal skulls. Then it was at the picnic tables for lunch. We got back on the bus and came back by 1 pm. It was a breezy, sunny and about 76 degrees while at the Conservancy - so absolutely perfect.

After the field trip, I went to Home Depot to get more soil (the car can only hold so much) and then home to putz in the garden. I put together the wheel barrow and my older son and I filled 7 containers of sticks that we had already picked up from the yard earlier in the spring, but were still covering part of the flower bed I need to plant in. That took awhile, but surprisingly said older son and I chatted and had a good time as it was so gorgeous outside. Then I moved the plants around, decided which flowers/greenery would go in what pots, watered everything and started to lay out a plan of where to put flowers in the front yard. Finally came in at 6:15 pm.

Ordered pizza for dinner, so no cooking for me. I had one slice of cheese pizza and then two small hamburger patties from the night before. Went upstairs to hang out with the little one a little bit more and then when he was going to bed, I did the much needed grocery store run. Waiting for that chore until the sun was down so as not to lose a single moment of the day.

My ankles last night were quite swollen again (on my feet all day except for the 45 minutes on the bus, the 30 minutes in the car, and 45 minutes for lunch and 20 minutes for dinner - so around 11 and a half hours on my feet.

I propped up my feet while we watched our favorite TV show, Castle. A near perfect day ended with a nice soothing shower.

The downside, is I slept horribly. I had some caffeine late in the day AND I think my room was too hot. But, I feel rested enough this morning, got the donations ready for the Vietnam Veterans of America pick up this morning and now I'm about ready to get the little guy ready for school.

Today is going to be cold and rainy, so no garden time today, but that's OK, I have to finish some indoor projects too.

The scale cooperated a little bit. Down 3 ounces for the day.

Stats for 5/4/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 216.4 (a bit more than 39 lbs lost)
Exercise total hours/minutes in 2011: 123 hours
Total walk/bike/run miles in 2011: 377/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment