Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nearing the end of my 2 weeks of fun!

And that's in two ways. First, I have three more days to get that garden in the ground before the rain hits. Everything needing to be repotted is repotted. The side flower bed is in the ground, just needs mulch. The front flower beds are done (there are three), just needs mulch. I have yet to start the rock flower garden and I need to mow too. Pressure is on to get it done!

Also, I'm nearing the end of weight loss two weeks too. Or, better put, the last of  the downward movement I'll see on the scale for awhile. I think I'm already holding fluids in anticipation of my period and then usually I see a loss right after my period and then stall. Ugh...

According to my fitness app, I have burned over 5000 calories the last two days working in the garden, yet I've only see 9 ounces drop on the scale. I had major sock indents last night, so I'm holding fluid. Let's see if it comes off before the stall or not. I would love it if I could get out of the 210s before the stall, but that's really pushing it. I don't know if that's possible or not. I know I'm burning fat, sometimes it just takes a bit for the scale to catch up - silly body!

Plan for today is to take my mother in law to the doctor, get in the garden and dig up things around the rocks in the back yard. And then, I'll mow.

My 6 year old really wanted to help plant in the flower bed yesterday, so my goal was to get it all ready for planting before he got home from school and I managed to accomplish that. He had a fun time digging around in the dirt. Not the most helpful or skilled, but he had fun and he did help a bit. What he really likes is walking around with me in the yard and watering all the flowers. For some reason the hose is great fun - so is getting all wet! He's so cute!

Talking about cute, my bird bath is grand central station. Yesterday afternoon, after washing it again, I saw a crow, a blue jay, a couple of robins, a catbird, a sparrow and a chickadee all take baths within about 30 minutes of each other. Makes sense really as there hasn't been rain for about a week and so there are no shallow pools of water anywhere for them to bathe. When I was cleaning the bath yesterday, I found pieces of peanut (nuts still in the shell) and lots of dirty sand like debris. Those birds are dirty! Watching a big crow taking a bath in the smallish bird bath is kind of funny too. I really love birds and watching them is a lot of fun.

Itching to get back out there today! (Wish I would feel this way about other chores I need to do!)

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 211.6 (44 pounds lost)
Exercise total hours in 2011: 143 hours
Biking/Walking/Running totals in 2011: 400/1000 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment