Saturday, May 7, 2011

And the Whoosh! Continues! and naughty little nibbles

This week was a really busy week. Add in that I got this idea in my head to redo my whole yard to prettify it. Yesterday was one of the busiest days. It was International Day at school, so in the morning my Croatian husband and I went to the school and gave two 30 minute presentations on Croatia. He went to work and then I made 100 mini cupcakes for the international fair at school that night. I had extra batter, so I made 18 larger cupcakes for home. The cake itself, like most Croatian cakes, is meringue based - ground almonds, egg whites and sugar - that's it. The filling is the egg yolks, sugar, chocolate, a splash of coffee cooked until thickened and then when cool, whipped butter is added. I cannot describe to you how divine that filling is to eat. I ate about 6 tablespoons of it I figure and then to be sure it did turn out, I ate one tiny mini muffin. Usually this cake is a torte and it's one of our favorites, but for the fair, mini sized is great for people to get just a taste of it. I got several people requesting recipes and one boy who has lived all over the world came back 3 times to see if he could have more because he loved it so much. As a torte, it would look like this:

So, I just couldn't resist those nibbles of filling/frosting, but other than that for the day I did well and kept the rest of the day's carb intake really low.

I had another night of rough sleep. I don't get that at ALL, but in the end I got some good sleep this morning and was shocked to see another pound and 3 ounces whooshed away.

I just wish I could understand my body. Why, why does it stall out before ovulation and then hold so much fluid? When I follow my weight loss curve, I'm now following the curve that I left off before my last period, then for 2.5 weeks (because during my period and a day or so after ovulation) I just hold steady with a spike up at ovulation. Then day after day of whoosh as I release that water I hold from my period to just past ovulation. I know I'm not losing all fat these days, but all that stinking water I was holding with a bit of fat. I guess, I just need to accept it as how my body works, but after two weeks of stalling, I start to wonder, "are my portions out of whack?" "Is my exercise too light/not strong enough?" And then BAM! the weight loss part of the month hits.

So, as a result, in the last week I've lost 5.4 pounds! Craziness!

My plan for today? Well, to spend it in the yard of course! Lots of planting and digging to do today. And to finish polishing up my presentation for tomorrow. I was working on it last night and there's one section I'm not quite happy with, but couldn't sort through it last night as I was getting tired, so with fresh eyes I'll take a look at it today.

Stats for 5/7/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 213.8 (Lost just shy of 42 pounds)

No comments:

Post a Comment