Thursday, May 5, 2011

Eaten half the pizza!

I'm not sure if it will stick beyond today, but as of today, I have lost 40 pounds and 3 ounces. I'm 1.5 ounce (will have to be .2 on the scale), from reaching my halfway to goal too. It was a really nice surprise on the scale this morning! Wow!!!

I really am beginning to feel the tremendous weight loss now. I am still fat. And still can see I have a long way to go, but I have a shape. I can see muscle definition (with a flabby under side usually). My hip bones are right under my skin now, not under layers of fat (though there is fat just below and above that point which means my hips are truly huge). I can wear nonplus sized clothing now. The 16s I bought a month ago, now fit absolutely perfectly - not too snug, not too loose. and even in shirts, a size XL is the best fit, even with still being very chesty.

I can just imagine what another 40 pounds off this frame will look like! I did this 40 pounds in just 4 months and 1 week. I imagine the second 40 pounds will take me much longer, but that's to be expected and I'm not in a race. Slow and steady and not painfully.

But wow...it sure does feel great to say I've lost 40 pounds. So, 'maybe' tomorrow I'll be at the halfway point and then what will be the next milestone? Well, I guess 50 pounds. That will take me to 205.6. And five pounds later, what a forum I belong to calls, onederland. Getting below 200 pounds will feel like the biggest accomplishment of all. There is just something very, very psychologically powerful about going over 200 pounds when you gain weight and going under 200 pounds when you lose weight. It's kind of this imaginary line that separates "normal sized people" and "fat people". Wrong as it is as very few people should weigh close to 200 pounds, but normal sized people weigh 1xx something. Not 2xx something! But, that is still a fairly long ways away. For now I'm very happy to be celebrating the 40 pounds gone mark!

My plans for today? Digging, planting, and hauling soil and mulch. I'm very excited for working in the yard today. You can't even imagine! And that SHOULD help me keep the weight off unless I hold a lot of water from sore muscles, but that will only be temporary.

Smiling and Happy Cinco de Mayo to me!

Stats for 5/5/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 215.4 (40 pounds and 3 ounces lost)

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, what does onederland mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onederland is the wonderful 100 something pounds versus the 200 something pounds I currently reside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I was wondering! Now I realize it is pronounced "wonderland" and means 100 pound range; but I was internally pronouncing it oh-nederland like the Netherlands, and I couldn't figure out what it meant. :P

    ReplyDelete