Friday, April 1, 2011

This is no April Fool's joke!

I'm down another pound and a little and that makes my March weight loss total 13.2 pounds. Can you believe that? I'm eating every day about 1300-1400 calories and I exercise 6 days a week for an hour. Now, granted, the last two days I upped the cardio a bit, but that was because I had a goal to be done with the Walk It Out game and I finished it yesterday! It took me nearly 2 hours yesterday to do it, but it's done!!! Yay!!!! Now it's time to move on to some of my old videos. Which, of course, I haven't transferred to DVDs yet. I have a couple on DVD (Richard Simmons) and one on loan from the library, Susan Tuttle's Latin something. And, of course, once the weather gets better, I want to do more and more outside. Today the weather is not better - rainy and 44 degrees today. Brrr...

I am so stoked. I'm seeing changes in my body quite a bit now. I can see it in my face, my arms, gut, legs. I'm shrinking and my energy level is going through the roof. I worked out for two hours yesterday, with my heart rate in the mid 130s the entire time and I came upstairs, and made 3 dozen cookies and wasn't tempted to eat one (helps I'm not a huge chocolate chip cookie fan). I ate a tablespoon of batter (that I love) and a corner of the cookie to make sure it was decent. (new recipe and a little crisp, but the kids seem to like them).

One thing I'm more realistic about this time around, unlike the first major weight loss I had, is that I'm not expecting my body to go from flab to fab. I have the same imperfections and always will unless I have some radical surgeries, which I will not do. My tummy will always be bigger and flabbier (I had two HUGE babies - 10 lbs 9 ozs and 11 lbs 14 ozs and the last one also had a LOT of amniotic fluid and large placenta) and will always be riddled with pregnancy stretch marks. I will always have bigger upper arms, and I can't change my saggy, point to the ground breasts either as that's just how they've always been (Ever see large perky breasts? They are implants!). A beach body won't magically appear from under all this fat. But, I'm seeing my figure is coming back. I'm getting a waist again. My legs are looking shapelier (though dimpled thighs will probably stay) and my face is losing the fat, making my eyes appear bigger and brighter. If' 29 pounds can do all that - imagine what another 51 will do?

Being greeted with that weigh in this morning, a day after going out to eat, is a real treat. Yes, I made good choices in what I ate at dinner last night, but even still. Any weight loss of one pound or higher is always so shocking, but it's usually how it comes down for me, bitty steps, bitty steps, whoosh! Oh, and yes... I'm post ovulation now which is usually accompanied by some weight loss, but I lost a lot of weight the first half of the month too! Very curious!

And, I'm finally losing some inches on the measurements too. I knew I lose them slower than smaller framed people, but I saw NO movement in measurements for like 15 pounds of weight loss and then bam!! I did. I was losing inches, just not at my measurement points. Oh, and my 'skinny' pants I bought this winter before I started losing weight, that were a little snug, and now too loose. They are all saggy in the butt. They have an elasticized waist a bit, so I can wear them for a bit longer while I get out of this inbetween size. My two pairs of jeans I got 6 weeks ago are getting baggier too. I have to shrink them up in the dryer to get them to fit better. It's a good problem to have, so it's not a complaint.

OK, stats!

Stats for 4/1/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 226.4 (29.2 pounds lost)
Exercise total hours/minutes in 2011: 83 hours and 50 minutes
Walking totals in 2011: 274.4/1000

Measurements:

Beginning chest: 47  Now: 44.5 (-2.5")
Beginning waist: 43 Now: 38.5 (-4.5")
Beginning hips: 50  Now 47.5 (-2.5")
Beginning thigh: 30  Now: 27.25 (-2.75")
Beginning biceps: 17.75  Now: 16.25 (-1.5")

2 comments:

  1. If you have a Blockbuster or Netflix subscription, they both have extensive libraries of fitness videos. You might even find some of the ones that you have on tape, already on DVD through them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jone. We do have a netflix account. I would stream them to the TV, but the 'workout' tv isn't connected and Sven isn't thrilled about using the family room as a workout space. Though that big screen makes it feel more like a real work out space. I might have to do a few upstairs if they can be done in a small amount of space. As long as the screen doesn't do any burn in stuff (his big worry).

    ReplyDelete