Monday, April 4, 2011

My weight loss is spurring the whole family on

So, I got this huge medical scare in December and I vowed to myself that as soon as my blood pressure was brought under control, and the kids went back to school, freeing up the TV and the new games for the Wii (we didn't have anything set up in the basement yet), I would start exercising and eating better.

My husband at the same time decided to join a weight loss pool at work. My son around the same time said he wanted to join cross country next fall and surprisingly, as soon as I started to drop pounds, my mother in law started to seem more interested in dropping weight and walking more too (maybe afraid I'll get smaller than her? LOL).

So, here it is, April, entering the fourth months into this and this is how the day went yesterday. My husband and older son went for a run around the lake. My younger son and I went halfway, me walking and little guy on his scooter. Hubby and older son went around twice. We went just once, and then later I went jumping around in the basement with a fitness video. We were all being active!

My husband has lost 13 pounds (5 of it the temporary weight gain from over the holidays). I had gained a similar 4, but didn't count it in my weight loss as I had already lost it when I started this in January). He's now about 7 pounds from his goal. He is swimming 3 times a week and walking/running once a week and will increase that as the weather gets better. Making my older son join him, getting him away from the computer for a bit. It feels good doing this as a family!

On the scale front, my husband was sweet this morning. He said, "Don't be alarmed if you gained weight over night. I weighed two pounds more this morning. I think it's the taco salad." And yes, I saw a .2 gain, which puts me just at 30 lbs lost. I'm also quite sore this morning from last night's workout.

Speaking of workouts - I've done three different instructors in a row. Kathy Smith, Leslie Sansone and last night Susan Powter. Susan is a loud mouth and obnoxious outside of the studio, but is super professional during her workout and she gave lots of great pointers on form which helped me too. Especially showing ways to modify squats. So no sore knees today, just sore abs, thighs and arm muscles, but not too bad.

Off to get little one ready for school!

Stats for 4/4/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 225.6 (30 pounds lost)
Exercise totals in 2011: 86 hours
Walking totals in 2011: 284.5/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment