Monday, April 11, 2011

Today is the big day - blood draw to see how I'm doing!

It has been 3 months since I got the last blood work done. In that blood work my thyroid was still too low and my blood sugars too high.

Since that time I've lost nearly 34 pounds. I've eaten a lower carb diet (averaging around 100 net carbs a day and none from simple sugars/carbs) and I've been exercising 6 days a week. There should be a change for the better. I can only hope that it's enough to keep me off any new drugs.

I'll probably know the results tomorrow or the day after. My fingers will be crossed.

Yesterday we broke out the bikes. Little guy was too afraid to put his feet down on the pedals (they move as I pedal and that freaked him out a bit as we were going faster than walking and that was all new). The bike has flip out foot rests, so I let him use those and then he had fun. We went back and forth from home to the Boat house 3 times which is 3 miles. I can do the itty bitty hills, but anything more than a bump in the road, basically, is too hard for me to pedal up with 55 pounds of bike, 65 pounds of kid and then my weight too!

On the last trip there and back, I felt it in my knees and my quads, so for exercise last night I decided just to do an upper body workout. Kind of wimping out a bit, but it balanced out the day a bit and hopefully will help with getting some veins to pop up this morning at the lab.

Today is supposed to be gorgeous, so I will walk a lot and maybe ride the bike solo so that I can keeping building strength without the added weight of kid. He's a sweetie, but he's heavy!

Wish me luck with a successful blood draw at the vampire's, unlike last time!

Editing to add: they got me on the first try! That hasn't happened in over 20 years. I don't know if it was luck, or that they are a 'bit' easier to find (they are deep). I don't care. At least once I had a normal blood draw and that made my day! 

Stats for 4/11/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 221.8 (nearly 34 pounds)
Exercise totals in 2011: 91 hours 40 minutes
Walking/Running/Biking totals in 2011: 306/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment