Thursday, April 7, 2011

Very early in the morning

I got to bed around midnight and had to get up at 4:30 am to get my older son off to a band trip. It would be nice if I had a switch to automatically go back to sleep mode, but it doesn't work that way, unfortunately.

My day yesterday was a hodge podge of stuff. I did my usual morning routine of getting my kids to school. Came home, breakfasted, made my plan for the day. Unfortunately in the morning when I was fixing my hair, I got a cramp in my neck. Ibuprofin didn't touch it, only later a shower helped. I feel it's back this morning though.

I ran some errands for things for my son's band trip, got my younger one home from school, helped my son pack for the trip and then readied myself for a dinner out with friends.

We went to this most fabulous restaurant, the Woodberry Kitchen. Every morsel I tried was divine and it seemed everyone agreed. The restaurant uses local farms and seasonal foods for it's menu, so it changes every few days, so there is no "going for my favorite dish" if you revisit. You'll likely have to get something new, but after seeing everyone's dish was divine, I don't think there can be a 'favorite dish'. Even the restrooms were eco friendly. Individual cloth towels to use to dry hands instead of paper. It was just a lovely experience and we will go back again. And even though I ate wisely, it was higher calorie than I usually eat in a meal, but it was so, so worth it.

Company was great too. We met with two other couples. First were my husband's current boss and wife and the other is a mutual friend from Ontario, Canada, his former boss and husband. We used to dinner with his former boss quite frequently and it was lovely to touch base with them again. And while she didn't mention it, (I weight 50 pounds less than the last time we met), she did say I looked 'fantastic'. Felt great! And, I did look pretty smashing if I must say so myself! It's kind of nice to do the hair and makeup and nicer clothes once in awhile. Even though my pants were  a bit baggy.

Pants are becoming my woe right now. I had picked up a pair of 16's a couple days ago, but they are damaged. I will have to return them. I tried several on yesterday and I couldn't find anything I liked. So, I stuck with the baggy 18s.

No exercise yesterday. I was going to do it in the afternoon, but that kink in the neck made me make it a rest day, which I hadn't had in 7 days, so that's all good too.

I feel great this morning despite being up way too early. Going out and having a wonderful evening with friends is such a mood lifter. I'm even up a pound from yesterday, but I don't care, last night was worth it. And I want to keep that mentality. Occasional  splurge nights are acceptable, I have all week to make up for it and once I get to goal, I won't ever need to be in the 'losing' mode and still can just make up for splurges week to week. I'm OK with that because I don't want to give up things that give me so much joy, like good food does and I don't need to. I just need to budget for them in my calories as much as I do in my wallet too.

Stats for 4/7/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 225.0

No comments:

Post a Comment