Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Colds suck the life out of ya and dreaming of bike riding

I've been having so much energy and feeling so great and then BAM! My youngest son shared his cold with me (and with my older son). Now, I have all the plans in the world, but then tire out. Last night's plan was that I would go around the lake twice, but I only managed to go once. So, in the end it turned out to be another very light day with a short bike ride too.

And now that I've been on a bike, I really want a single bike too. I forgot the wind on my face and how getting from point A to point B is faster and more enjoyable. We just plunked down a lot on my husband's bike now, but I can fix up my older son's bike which is too small for him now and use that one (if it fits me well).  Right now it looks a bit trashed, but it really just needs new grips and a tune up. I'll dream about my own new girly bike though and if I really start riding, I'll get myself one.

I rode the buddy bike yesterday twice. One just a bit around the neighborhood to see how much easier it is to ride solo and it's a LOT easier when there's not 65 pounds of kid sitting there without helping with pedaling. With that, I decided I would ride to his school (which is all uphill). I could ride it except for the last hill which is pretty steep, but I ran into a mom walking up anyway, so it was a good excuse to walk anyway. Then, the way my son's face lit up when he saw the bike was so priceless. He loves the new bike. Then he climbed on, put his feet on the foot rests and we coasted almost all the way home.

Another nicety of the day was that I cleaned up the deck, cleaned up the chairs and table and we ate our first grilled meal of the season outside. So fabulous! I even brought up the cushions as the season has opened! We eat every meal outside unless it's too windy, cold or rainy. We love it!

That's about it for me today. I hope I feel less lethargic this evening so I can get in a better work out.

Stats for 4/12/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 221.6 (34 pounds lost)
Exercise totals in 2011: 92 hours 40 minutes
Walking/Biking/Running totals in 2011: 309/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment