Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back to reality! Spring break is over!

Wasn't hard for any of us to wake up this morning. The sun was up, the birds were singing and there was a nice cool breeze coming in through the windows and I think everyone was ready to go back to their routine as everyone was up and out early with no battles. That makes it much nicer!

The weather was just gorgeous yesterday. I took three laps around the lap for my exercise. I was hot and sweaty when I was done, but it felt so great. Today, while the weather holds up, I will walk around again after I walk my little guy to school and I'll either bike to get him from school or walk around the lake to get him from school (if the weather permits). I love being able to fit in exercise around other activities we need to do.

That's why I really want a bicycle. I want to ride to the library. I'm even imagining riding to the grocery store. There's a great map of our town with all the bike trails. Basically, I can get to all the places I need to go without getting on busy highways and without going down routes that wind and turn and take me way out of my way to get from Point A to Point B. The grocery store is about 1.5 miles away. The library is 1.5 miles away. The mall is 1 mile away. And then a great, great park with a bigger lake is 2 miles away. All that is so easy by bike, a little long for walking and heavy for carrying, but not so heavy when using a bike rack!

Talking about getting stronger. How is this for a weird sign of increased strength. I just cleaned out the litter boxes and took up the litter from both boxes. Usually, I'm struggling with the bag as it's heavy. Today, I carried it up, one armed, no struggles. I guess those arm exercises are beginning to pay off. My husband noticed some growing muscle too. Might I actually, some day, have shapely arms? That hasn't happened in like forever - or how about never.

OK, off to get the little guy to school and then work, work, work on all the things I didn't get done during spring break, which is a lot.

Stats for 4/26/11:

Beginning weight: 2556.  Now: 219.4 (a bit more than 36 lbs lost and a tie for my all time low)
Exercise total hours/minutes in 2011:  109 hours
Walking/biking/running totals in 2011: 353/1000 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment