Thursday, April 14, 2011

The nice weather is here!

So far this spring has been pretty miss with weather. It's either raining, cold or both. We've had a couple nice days which keep the hope alive, but it's been pretty sparse. I've gotten spoiled with mid-Atlantic over the years. We usually have such wonderful springs. But... Oh well, that's weather- unpredictable. But today will be glorious and I will use it appropriately!

Last night the weather broke and I took full advantage of it. I first walked around the lake with my husband. He went home and I went around again. I was going to call my neighbor when I was about 2/3s home to see if she wanted to go around and just as I was taking my phone out, I saw her coming the other way. So, I turned back around and walked the rest of the way with her. That gave me a really nice walk.

Then I came home, played with my little son a bit, put him to bed and then went downstairs to do some upper body strength training and ab work. A good workout day after several days of 'eh'.

I'm really chomping at the bit now for a bicycle for me. Like today would be an awesome day to ride a bike and I don't have one! I will remedy that situation though. I am scouring the craigslist pages and researching and trying  bikes out. I will get one SOON very soon. I am testing one out on Friday in Baltimore, so we'll see.

And, I still haven't heard from my doctor. He is now officially on the "need to change" list. I will change my primary care as soon as I get ahold of my lab results. This is ridiculous. There is a way to get quest lab results directly on your phone, but the app stinks. It verifies your identity based on it's OWN criteria... like it asked me info that is not even about ME, but another Melissa Sinclair... no wonder it gets horrible reviews. What's up with that?

OK, I'm determined to make today a great day despite my lingering cold (which is getting better every day) and my lack of sleep. The sun is out and the sky is a beautiful shade of blue!

Stats for 4/14/11:

Beginning Weight: 255.6  Now 221.2 (a bit over 34 pounds lost)
Exercise totals for 2011:  94 hours
Walking/Biking/Running totals in 2011: 313.2/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment