Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy birthday to my baby! Six years old today!

His request for his birthday, besides a Cat in the Hat cake was to go to IHOP for breakfast. He ordered the double blueberry pancakes and he really dug in. I have never, ever seen him so excited as he was waiting for those pancakes. When the waitress came out with our drink order, he said with the saddest voice, "And not a single pancake." He is just so precious. I love my newly turned six year old!

Today, obviously, will be a high day for me. I ordered a country omelette without sour cream (3 eggs, hashbrowns, ham, onion and cheddar cheese). I ordered pancakes, but didn't eat them. Those were packed up in a doggie bag in case the little guy wants to eat them later. That, and two cups of coffee with milk. Total was about 600 calories for breakfast if I trust their nutritional info (and I'm rounding up a bit). I'll be stuffed for hours and then I'll eat something small for dinner and will then enjoy a slice of European cake. This particular cake is called Ljubav Torta which means Love Cake. European cakes are way yummier and way less damaging nutritionally.

The cake itself is 12 eggs, separated. 12 tablespoons of sugar, 9 tablespoons of flour - that's it. The icing is really a custard mixed with butter. So, it's 6 eggs, whole, about 2 cups of sugar, 1/2 a cup of rum, some vanilla, 4 tablespoons of flour and 2 cups of milk with 3.5 sticks of butter added after the custard cooled. It's not low calorie, but it's very high protein with all those eggs and milk. I will decorate it with American style icing. Yum!

Besides that, I'm selling (already sold) the bike I got for myself. Why? I realllllly want a girly bike and I found a new one (a demo model) on sale and it is so much more me. For a bit more money, I will get what I want. That makes me happy.

OK, alsoI had me new all time low this morning. Just in time for a birthday celebration!  Of course, on the birthday itself, I lost a TON of weight. Easiest weight loss ever? Easy? Well, maybe not, but fairly quick! He was 11 pounds 14 ounces and I had a HUGE placenta and had too much water. I lost like 40 pounds in 4 weeks (as I was also holding a ton of fluids at the end of that pregnancy). And he's stayed huge. That boy is and always has been a giant with a big build.

Oh well! And who would have thought mowing was so exhausting! Electric corded mower over talllllll grass in the back and lots of little twigs, pine cones and sugar gum balls. That made me tired! But, exercise that is purposeful is good too! Not sure what I'll do tonight, but I'll do something in the basement.

Stats for 4/22/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 219.8 (almost 36 pounds lost)
Exercise total hours for 2011: 106 hours
Walking/Biking/Running totals for 2011: 342/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment