Thursday, March 31, 2011

My fitness game, shopping and finding a way to fit in fitness yesterday

Since the beginning of January, I've been primarily using the game Walk it Out for the Wii for my fitness. I've had to modify my movement a lot as I've gone along and gotten stronger, but it still works for me. Heck, I know fitness fiends that use this game, so it can be modified a lot. For me though, I'm bored of it. I've been doing the same thing, essentially, for three months and it's time to change things up. But I am glad that I found this game a great way to jump back into fitness. Using it along with eating better and less has helped me lose the 28 pounds I have lost so far.

Yesterday afternoon I went to Marshall's to return something and decided to try some things on while there. I didn't see much I liked, but I tried on a 16 summer knit dress, a 16W jean skirt and an 18 pair of linen capri pants. First, all of them fit to varying degrees. The 16 dress would probably look better in 10-15 pounds less, but it's wearable, especially if I wore a firming undergarment. But, I don't need a dress. I have a 16 in my closet waiting for me that fits me about the same. The 16W skirt fit just fine, but again, I have no need for a skirt. The 18 also fit, but was a bit tight in the thighs and they were low rise and I just don't have anywhere on my body for low rise to 'rest'. If I lost more in the hips, they would just slide down. So, I've concluded, I'm between a 16W and an 18W - depending on the brand.

I really don't want to buy much as I'm dropping fast and I don't plan to stay in any of these sizes very long, but it's fun to see where I am and how things are fitting better and better. Very soon, maybe by midsummer, I'll be able to buy the cute 'regular' size women's clothing. I can't wait to get out of the plus sizes and into regular sizes. That will be a huge milestone and when I get to goal? A big expense for my new wardrobe. I'll probably become a shopping addict! It's been so long since I've enjoyed clothes shopping and if that ties in with me getting a job and needing more than just mommy clothes... Wow... my closet will explode.  But for now, I'm going to get by on bare minimum stuff and just go try things on here and there for little rewards of my efforts. Looking and trying is enough. I don't need to buy.

No more additional weight loss for me today, but no gain either, so that's a small victory too considering how fast I dropped down recently. I got a good workout yesterday too, but how I got it in was a bit comical. So, yesterday I ran some errands and didn't get to exercising until my younger son was home from school. We went down to the basement and decided to do it together (meaning he walked beside me and held a wiimote and nunchuk too. I added his favorite song to the rotation too -Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas. I like it too, but it's slower than any of the other songs I use, but, I really move hard with that song as it just makes you want to move and it keeps my heart rate up there). Anyway, we were down there for about 15 minutes when the phone rang. I paused, answered the phone and it was my husband saying he was on his way home. A bit early. Little guy and I went for about 15 minutes more and then I went upstairs to start dinner. I made dinner, ate, cleaned up the kitchen, got the bread started with the fermented starter, and went down again. After 30 minutes I came up, punched down the dough, shaped it and left it to rise while I went down again. After another 30 minutes, I came up, put the dough in the oven and went down again. I was planning on staying down there the entire time the bread was cooking, but my knee was beginning to complain and it was getting close to putting the little guy to bed and it was my turn, so just 10 minutes. Add that up and that's a chopped up 1 hour and 40 minutes and 5.7 miles yesterday and because I had that nap and felt rested, all of it I pushed myself to get that heart rate up there. But I got it in and this time at least not late at night.

Stats for 3/31/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 227.6 (28 lbs lost)
Exercise total hours/minutes in 2011: 82 hours
Walking totals for 2011: 268.7/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment