Sunday, March 6, 2011

And more Whoosh!

Down 18 pounds. It's so good to see the scale moving again. I knew it had to, but it is really, really hard to keep perspective when you are doing everything right and the weight just sticks. And I know a lot of it is water weight this is being shed. Why does my body hold water parts of the month? I could see it in my ankles and now my body is letting it go, along with the fat I am burning. Totally frustrating, even though I know to expect it. Well, I guess I expected to stand still mostly, not to gain 2 pounds - water or not, that's hard to see on the scale!

Two more pounds to hit 20 lbs lost. Woohoo! Then I can finally change my pizza pie to having only six slices!

Today I usually go grocery shopping in Virginia when we go there, but it's POURING today. I don't think I'm going to stop. Who likes carrying grocery bags through the rain and then sitting in the car, soaking wet, for an hour home? Blech!

What else? Oh, I learned how to use Garmin Connect so that I can share my workout stuff. When I do inside stuff, all it really shows is time and heart rate. I tried using the foot pod for walking inside, but it didn't pick up all my steps - only like 60%. When I used the Step, it shows, but if I march in place (for any song over 130 beats per minute), it doesn't pick up the steps. For me though, seeing the heart rate is what pushes me harder. I try to stay out of the 120s completely, and with wearing the watch and changing it to being able to see the heart rate versus just having the zones beep at me, I now consistently keep it above 130 for the overall average. It takes me about 15 minutes to get up to the 130s as I warm up, but then it stays usually between 135-140 for the rest of the workout making my average around 132.  Here is yesterdays workout: Untitled by berryblondeboys at Garmin Connect - Details

And how could I forget, totally unrelated to fitness, I got an iPad! So much easier to stay connected than using my iPhone around the house!

Stats for 3/6/11:

Beginning Weight: 255.6   Now: 237.6
Exercise total hours in 2011: 57 hours
Walking totals in 2011: 189/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment