Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wasted a day yesterday, but still exercised!

So, much of yesterday I was a slug. The lack of sleep the night before didn't help motivate me. Neither did the frigid temperatures outside. I didn't even run errands like I should have because I just couldn't muster the energy to do it.

Most of the day I figured out what I would need for my little one's birthday party in a bit over a month. We have to have the party after his birthday because his birthday falls during spring break and Easter weekend. So, I decided on the party supplies, some decorations and a design for the cake.

Since I obsessed about the stuff yesterday, I'll show you the loot we'll get. So first, the little guy wants a Dr. Seuss party and a Cat in the Hat cake. Here's the stuff for the party: party invites

And here is the cake design:


















Which is a take off of these:



















Which is made possible by a structure like this:


You can buy them or they are fairly easily make them yourselves. It's pretty ambitious, but I think it will be fun to do! I took out a lot of the artsy stuff I was thinking of doing because of time constraints and my lack of talent in that department.

So, that's what took over yesterday, but because I have decided on things, and even on some games to play, that obsession is over and I can move on to other things, like sewing my mother in law's curtains! Ugh!

Because of my slug state yesterday, I didn't get to exercising while everyone was gone. Instead I forewent Dancing with the Stars last night, let my little guy watch one show before going to bed, put him to bed and then went down finally at 9:30 pm. After 20 minutes the phone rang and it was important so I took it. After that 10 minute interruption, I got back to it and 10 minutes later my gut was telling me I needed the bathroom. Up two flights of stairs to go to the bathroom, and then back down again for the remainder of the 70 minutes. My reward for my diligence was cleaning the litter boxes and hauling it upstairs and outside for garbage pick-up in the morning.

I do exercise in the evening way too much because I really don't like exercising and I put it off until I can't put it off any longer. At least I do it though, right?

But  I got a real reward for my hard work this morning for being good. Another significant drop on the scale!

Stats for 3/29/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 228.4 (a bit over 27 lbs lost)
Exercise totals for 2011: 80 hours and 20 minutes
Walking totals for 2011: 263/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment