Saturday, March 5, 2011

Doing a little happy dance!

It's that darn first half and second half of the menstrual cycle again. Ovulation is past and guess what, the weight is finally going down again! Yay! It's really, really hard to do everything right for two weeks and to see so very little loss. But I better get used to it as that's how it is. Now I'm in the fun two weeks, so woohoo! Let the pounds go away!

And I had a really good workout last night. I meant to exercise yesterday afternoon, but I was so tired that I decided I would take a little nap first (something I need to do about once a week to catch up on lost sleep). Well, it wasn't a little nap! I slept for 3 hours and woke up just in time to take my little guy to his Occupational Therapy session! I didn't get to execising until 10 pm. Fortunately, I was still able to go to sleep at midnight. I guess I was tired!

My workout yesterday was one hour of Walk It Out and then followed it up with push-ups and crunches. The last couple days I've been able to push myself a bit more because I learned to set up my watch better to show the heart rate versus just setting zones that would beep at me if I went to low or too high. I'm competitive enough, I guess to push myself over 130 if I see that I'm dipping into the 120s. Anywhere in the 130 beats per minute I can maintain for a long time. It's when I get over 140 that I feel it and can't last long.

I absolute hate doing push-ups and sit-ups, but strength training is important and I need to start somewhere. I did a set of 10 push-ups, rested a couple seconds and then did a set of five with small breaks inbetween until I hit 25 and then I was done for. For crunches, I did 30 straight-on and then took a second or two break and did 10 more. Then I did 40 on each side for obliques for a total of 120 crunches. Amazingly, I'm not sore this morning. I can feel it a bit, but not to the point of being in pain.

Other than that, my blood pressure is getting better and better. I took my BP yesterday late afternoon and it was 116/69 and my resting heart rate was 65. Later, when I was getting ready for exercising, the heart rate monitor gave me 62 bpm. Which means I'm getting fitter. I'll have to start watching my blood pressure a bit more because it might start to go too low. I've had to decrease my medication twice already (40 mg to 30 mg to 20 mg) in the last two months. I'll be so happy when I get to eliminate it completely.

It's a weekend and I'm happy. This was the first full school week for the kids in a bit and I'll be happy to have them home. Little guy has his first birthday party to go to too. He should have fun.

Stats for 3/5/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6   Now: 238.6 (new all time low!)
Exercise hours in 2011: 57 hours
Miles walked in 2011: 186/1000 miles
Push-ups beginning: 15  Now: 25
Crunches beginning: 25  Now: 120

No comments:

Post a Comment