Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Two nights of little sleep and before photos

I could pin two nights ago lack of sleep on several things - I was too hot (we still have the down comforter on the bed), I didn't exercise that day, and I had too much to eat at dinner and had some indigestion. That night I got 4 hours of sleep.

Following up that 4 hours of sleep night I worked around the house a bit, walked 5.5 miles yesterday outside and didn't take a nap. I went to bed at 11 pm and I have been awake since 3 am and probably stirring before then. So, for two nights of sleep, I've gotten 8 hours total. Not good. And why didn't I sleep this night? Very, very frustrating. I can't even blame it on a full moon. That was 3 nights ago and I slept fine then!

Maybe it's my thyroid. I haven't had it checked yet like I should, but I really doubt that it's gone to the other side of hyperactive as I'm on a pretty low dose considering where I started with those numbers, but I can't rule that out. I really need to get that blood work done. Ack and YUCK! I need to find where I put that paperwork. I put it somewhere 'safe' in January, so I would remember it in March...sure...

Well, since I can't sleep, I decided to find a before photo, whole body if I could. Problem is, I hate the camera and the camera hates me, so even if I can find something, it's usually not a good picture. And while I am showing myself at my worst, that doesn't mean I want to air some super hideous picture of me either!

OK, I found 3 from October and one from Christmas. For the October ones this is when  I was in the middle of the daily headaches. I felt HORRID. It's also about 2 weeks before I got 24" of braid cut off. My weight there was between 255-258. When I see them now, I can really see what losing 24 pounds looks like. Pictures are good motivators. Here they are (you can click on them to get the full size picture):

This first one my husband was being cheeky with the placement of the pumpkins.

Big belly

I'm just round  - no shape at all.

Then I found this one from Christmas. In this one I had dropped a little weight to get to 255.6 (The beginning half of December I had gotten up to 260 with holiday goodies, but by the end got to my starting weight):


Again, my husband being cheeky while I blew up my 5 year old's boxing balloon.

Compare those to these (which I just posted a couple days ago):




I still have a LONG way to go, but I think, at least, I am looking way better. The shorter hair is better too. It was way, way, way too long (like past my butt long). I might grow it a wee bit longer, but not much past my shoulders ever again.

Well, my stats will be screwy for today as I didn't sleep last night. Oh well!

Stats for 3/22/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6   Now: 230.8 (just shy of 25 lbs lost)
Exercise total hours in 2011: 74 hours 15 minutes
Exercise total miles in 2011: 242/1000





No comments:

Post a Comment