Monday, March 28, 2011

Getting obsessed about my son's 6th birthday

I have spent the last two hours and two hours yesterday looking at cake sites for ideas for his birthday. I just wish I had more talent! Artistic talent. Of course, everything I fall in love with is out of my skill level. Ugh.

What does this have to do with weight loss? Nothing, except it's funny I'm obsessed with cake I can't eat!

Like, look at this one:


And I would LOVE to be able to replicate this one:


I might be able to do something like this with my husband's help, but I wouldn't do an outdoor scene - probably thing 1 and thing 2 running around the house with kites:


There are so many cute things to do if you have the talent. I have the patience, just not the skill. Now, I'm not too bad, but it's not perfect! And I like perfection.

But this does tie into weight loss and fitness, sort of. My workout last night was late because I got so caught up into looking at cakes, that I didn't start until 9:30 pm. I felt strong and wanted to push it, so I worked it HARD, average heart rate was 137 doing the same workout I usually do and usually get 128-132 for an average. I just lifted my knees higher and swung my arms harder. The bad part was that then I couldn't sleep until 2 am. All because I was too busy looking at cakes instead of working out at a reasonable hour! LOL Oh well! I got the workout in.

Stats for 3/28/11:

Beginning weight: 255.6  Now: 229.4 (a bit over 26 lbs lost)
Exercise totals in 2011: 79 hours and 10 minutes
Walking totals in 2011: 255/1000

No comments:

Post a Comment